Articles & Tips
Roof Maintenance & Inspections
Gutters: Gutters are one of the most important parts of a home, and blocked gutters are a big source of leaks. If gutters are clogged with leaves, shingle granules, branches, and other debris, then water can’t funnel off the roof and away from the house. That can cause severe damage to the roof, walls, and gutters, and can be quite pricey to fix.
Shingles: An inspection will uncover any shingle tabs that have come loose or have broken, curled, or warped. Another possibility is that a branch could’ve fallen on the roof and caused damage. These simple repairs will help avoid costly water issues down the road.
Vents: Neoprene or rubber can crack with age, while critters can cause damage to any vented area on the roof. Resealing will fix these vent problems and help keep animals and water out.
Flashings: Chimneys have three potential issues: flashing, siding, and the cap that can contribute to leaks. An inspection will ensure the area is properly flashed and sealed. Flashing on skylights can easily get water trapped behind them as well.
Attic: Many times it’s the attic that is the source of the problem rather than the roof. Issues such as improper ventilation, plumbing, air conditioning, fans, or animal or bug infestation can cause mold, algae, or moisture condensation in the attic space.
Remember to contact Smart Roofing, Inc. at (847) 797-0404, or email us at email@example.com for your residential or commercial roofing needs.
View All Articles
- Chicago Bungalow Tile Roofs
- Holiday Decorating Could Damage Your Roof
- Proper Gutter Maintenance
- Is There Mold On Your Roof?
- Roof Maintenance & Inspections
- Fall Home Maintenance
- Chicago’s GAF Master Elite Roofing Contractor
- The Importance of Commercial Roof Maintenance & Repair
- Chicago Roof Clean-up Tips
- Storm Damage – Roof Repair Or Replacement?
- Chicago & Chicago Suburbs Roofing – Tips For Hiring A Roofing Contractor
- Maintenance Tips to Help Prevent Roof Leaks