GAF releases advisory on Hail Damage to RoofingAugust 8, 2013
With the Chicago suburbs experiencing hail storms, GAF, North America’s Largest Roofing Manufacturer, has issued a Technical Advisory Bulletin on the subject of “Hail Damage to Low-Slope Roofing Membranes”.
Some common types of damage from hail storms to low-slope roofs include:
- Membrane Bruising – hailstone impact often creates a depression in the membrane surface and can dispace the protective surfacing such as gravel, ceramic granules or reflective coatings. Severe bruising can also crush underlying insulation.
- Fracturing/Granule Surfacing Loss – hailstones can scour a roof surface and displace large amounts of protective granules.
- Blistering/Splitting – blisters, splits, cracks and other premature deterioration of asphalt, modified bitumen, and certain composite type single-ply roof systems can occur.
- Moisture Entry – immediate damage from a hailstorm can include cuts, punctures, or tears allowing water to enter the roofing membrane.
- Damage to Metal Work and Skylights and Equipment – hail damage typically includes denting and impact damage to roof-mounted fixtures which can result in leaks.
Smart Roofing, Inc. is a GAFCertified Master Elite Roofing Contractor and can assist you with an inspection and documentation of any suspected hail damage to your roof. We provide emergency repairs as well as permanent repairs of your damaged roof. Please contact us at 847.797.0404 or www.smartroofers.com
Smart Roofing Latest News:
Church Steeple Replacement in Lemont
February 2021 Snowfall and Roofing Problems
Celebrating 25 Years in Business!
July 2017 Hail Storm Damage In The Northwest Suburbs
Tesla Announces Solar Roof
St. Charles Project Completed with GAF Glenwood®Lifetime Designer Shingles
Bellaforte Shake Shingles
Home Improvement and House Design Ideas – Roof Tiles: Concrete vs. Clay