Articles & Tips
Chicago Bungalow Tile Roofs
Some might argue that the greatest Chicago landmark is the bungalow home. With over 80,000 bungalows, roughly 1/3 of all single family homes in the Chicagoland area, it is easy to see why the house style is so important. Smart Roofing Inc. understands this and works hand in hand with homeowners to preserve the natural beauty of the tile roofs that cover many bungalows. Properly maintained tile roofs will last just as long as the house itself, and we are experts at making sure the look and history of the house does not change.
Sourcing tiles to make sure they match the existing tiles on the roof is half of the ordeal. Most, if not all, bungalows were built between 1910 and 1940. This means that some of these tile roofs are over 100 years old! Tile manufacturing changed within those 100 years, and reusing tiles from different roofs is the only way to source matching clay or concrete tiles. The more challenging part of bungalow roof repairs is working with these old tiles. In many cases the tiles are brittle and can crack easily when not carefully handled. The professionals at Smart Roofing Inc. are always up for a challenge, and with our expertise, we make sure that your roof is just as beautiful, if not more, after we finish our work.
SMART Roofing, Inc. is a full-service roofing contractor serving Chicago and its surrounding suburbs. Select SMART Roofing, Inc. as your Chicagoland Roofing Contractor. From roof assessments and repairs to installations of virtually every type of new residential roof and commercial roof, our commitment to excellence, stellar customer service and exceptional results are the “SMART” roofing difference. Contact the roofing experts at SMART Roofing, Inc. at (847) 797-0404, to learn more about Roof Tile products, or email us for your residential or commercial roofing needs.View All Articles
- Understanding the Difference Between Standing Seam – Commercial Metal Roofs
- February 2021 Snowfall and Roofing Problems
- Smart Roofing and Rebuilding Together
- Cedar Shake Roofs in the Chicagoland Climate
- The Importance of Flat Roof Maintenance
- The Basics of Shingle Roofs
- Moisture Issues in Masonry Buildings with Flat Roofs in Chicago
- Chicago Bungalow Tile Roofs
- Holiday Decorating Could Damage Your Roof
- Proper Gutter Maintenance
- Is There Mold On Your Roof?
- Roof Maintenance & Inspections