Articles & Tips
The Importance of Commercial Roof Maintenance & Repair
The roof is a commercial building’s first line of defense from natural hazards such as wind, rain, fire, hail, ice, snow, and extreme heat. It is also the most vulnerable part of your building. Every day, your roof is exposed to weather and other elements that may contribute to decay and deterioration, increasing the risk of damage to the roof itself and the contents below it.
The International Building Code (IBC), which sets safety standards for commercial building, requires that roofs “serve to protect the building.” Having a roof that “protects the building” starts with design, materials selection, and installation at the time a facility is built or remodeled—events that occur infrequently and may be outside the scope of most businesses’ ongoing activity. But it also includes a regular program of inspection, maintenance, and repair—activities that should be part of your operational planning in order to prolong the useful life of your roof and make sure it does its job in protecting your business from weather damage.
Contact SMART Roofing, Inc. today at 847.797.0404 for your commercial and residential roof maintenance & repair.
Excerpt from Insurance Institute for Business & Home SafetyView All Articles
- Chicago Bungalow Tile Roofs
- Holiday Decorating Could Damage Your Roof
- Proper Gutter Maintenance
- Is There Mold On Your Roof?
- Roof Maintenance & Inspections
- Fall Home Maintenance
- Chicago’s GAF Master Elite Roofing Contractor
- The Importance of Commercial Roof Maintenance & Repair
- Chicago Roof Clean-up Tips
- Storm Damage – Roof Repair Or Replacement?
- Chicago & Chicago Suburbs Roofing – Tips For Hiring A Roofing Contractor
- Maintenance Tips to Help Prevent Roof Leaks