Articles & Tips
Is There Mold On Your Roof?
Ick. MOLD. That four-letter word can cause any homeowner to tremble. Did you know that September is Mold Awareness Month?
Overall, mold likes to grow where it’s damp. That’s why you will sometimes see it accumulate on bathroom walls and showers, in closed-in attic spaces, and sometimes on roofs!
The best way to prevent the mold in these areas is with proper ventilation. So, adding ventilating louvers to your attic is just as important as running an exhaust fan when taking a shower. You should also make sure to add a continuous ridge vent at the top of your roof – especially in steep slope roofing situations. Another option to prevent mold from growing on your roof is to make sure to research the roofing material you select for your home.
The quality line of synthetic roofing tiles from DaVinci Roofscapes are manufactured to resist these elements of nature — plus insects, decay and rot. Thanks to their proprietary manufacturing techniques and the lifetime warranty on DaVinci plastic roofing materials, you’ll never say “ick” when looking at your beautiful roof.
The roofing professionals at Smart Roofing, Inc. are certified DaVinci Masterpiece Roofing Contractors who have the expertise and experience to assist you with all of your roofing needs – moldy or not!
If you have, or suspect that you have, a mold problem with your residential or commercial roof, Smart Roofing, Inc. at 847.797.0404 or or email firstname.lastname@example.org!
-excerpts from blog.davinciroofscapes.comView All Articles
- Holiday Decorating Could Damage Your Roof
- Proper Gutter Maintenance
- Is There Mold On Your Roof?
- Smart Roofing – Roof Maintenance & Inspections
- Fall Home Maintenance
- Smart Roofing, Inc. – Chicago’s GAF Master Elite Roofing Contractor
- The Importance of Commercial Roof Maintenance & Repair
- Chicago Roof Clean-up Tips
- Storm Damage – Roof Repair Or Replacement?
- Chicago & Chicago Suburbs Roofing – Tips For Hiring A Roofing Contractor
- Maintenance Tips to Help Prevent Roof Leaks
- How To Prevent Ice Dams – SMART Roofing, Inc. Can Help