BEWARE OF STORM CHASERS!May 23, 2014
Storm chasers are companies that follow severe weather from area to area, completing home repairs (generally roofs and siding) that are caused by damage by hail and wind. Here in Chicago, we are prone to hailstorms, and storm chasers quickly follow any such event. BEFORE YOU SIGN ANYTHING, please research the company you are considering for your repair.
With over 20 years’ experience and a reputation you can trust, SMART ROOFING will identify whether your roof, siding, windows or gutters have sustained damage from the storm.
Here’s How To Spot A Storm Chaser:
Storm Chasers will generally:
• Come your door and try to get you to sign something immediately
• Use high pressure sales tactics
• Offer you a “Free Roof” or “Free Siding” or offer a way around paying a deductible (this is insurance fraud!)
• Have out-of-state license plates or driver’s license (and YES! you can & should ask to see a driver’s license to verify identity)
• Are unable to produce recent, local references
• Are unable to produce local supplier references
• Have no proof of manufacturer certifications (large manufacturers offer their own certifications to established legitimate contractors. Look for GAF-Elk Master Elite Contractors, GAF-Elk Certified Contractors, IKO Shield-Pro Plus, CertainTeed 5-Star Contractors)
• Are unable to produce a roofing license and certificate of insurance with the same identification information. A legitimate local company should show you an IL Roofing License and a Certificate of Liability/Workers Compensation both issued in the same name. If the names don’t match, you may not be protected.
SMART Roofing, Inc. is a GAF-Master Elite Contractor and is fully licensed and insured:
IL License #104-009220.
SMART Roofing, Inc. has also helped thousands of customers throughout the suburbs navigate the insurance roof claim process. To schedule an evaluation of your home, call SMART Roofing at 847.797.0404 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Smart Roofing Latest News:
Smart Roofing is Now a Brava Certified Contractor!
February 2021 Snowfall and Roofing Problems
Celebrating 25 Years in Business!
July 2017 Hail Storm Damage In The Northwest Suburbs
Tesla Announces Solar Roof
St. Charles Project Completed with GAF Glenwood®Lifetime Designer Shingles
Bellaforte Shake Shingles
Home Improvement and House Design Ideas – Roof Tiles: Concrete vs. Clay